We’re Here to Help!
Our behavior modification plans along with prescription medications will help you, help yourself!
- Our office is run by a Physician and a Physician Assistant.
- We have the ability to write for prescription medications.
- You will see one of the providers pictured here every time you come to the Medical Weight Loss Center.
- Each appointment is one on one with a provider who can guide, encourage and treat YOU individually.
- We do not require you to sign any contracts or require payment up front before services are performed.
- We will empower you to become the person you know you can be.
- We will give you the tools that you need to become the healthier, happier, thinner person you want to be.
- We offer a “one stop shop” where you can be prescribed medications, have them dispensed and get a great price on them without having to go to the pharmacy.
- With weight loss, we can safely help decrease your risk of many medical problems as seen on our weight loss information page.
- We offer a significant amount of informative handouts that can guide you to continuous and successful weight loss and then weight control.
- We only require monthly appointments to keep you on track and check on your medications. We do not require weekly meetings or group settings, but we will give you information about meetings that can help certain individuals overcome additional problems that may be contributing to their weight gain.
- If you choose, we will communicate with your family physician to keep them apprised of your weight loss.
Who We Are
Dr. Paul Baughman
Dr. Paul Baughman graduated in 1993 from Lycoming College and obtained his medical degree in Philadelphia at The Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine. He did his Family Practice Residency at Pinnacle Health Systems in Harrisburg and practiced on Locust Lane until Feb 2009, when he moved his family practice to a larger building on Dover Rd.
Dr. Baughman is now one of only a few physicians in Pennsylvania to hold a Board Certification in Obesity Medicine -and the ONLY Board Certified Physician in the Harrisburg area that works solely in the area of non-surgical weight management! He now holds both a certification in Family Practice and Obesity Medicine. This is a very exciting accomplishment for Dr. Baughman and for our practice.
Lauren Kropa, PA-C
Lauren Kropa PA-C graduated in 2007 from King’s College’s Physician Assistant Program with a Masters degree in Physician Assistant Studies. She is certified by the NCCPA and Licensed under the Pennsylvania State Board of Osteopathic Medicine. She has been practicing with Dr. Baughman since October of 2007. Lauren has always had a passion for helping patients lose weight and is excited to have the opportunity to be a part of Medical Weight Loss Center of Harrisburg.
Chelsea Gernak, Clinical Dietitian
Medical Weight Loss Center of Harrisburg is proud to welcome Chelsea Gernak, Clinical Dietitian, to our practice. Chelsea graduated from West Chester University with a Bachelors of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics in May 2015.
Chelsea has been working in the field since her graduation in 2015. She worked in clinical dietetics, food service, and weight management before joining Medical Weight Loss Center of Harrisburg. She has also taught weight loss classes in the primary care setting.
She loves empowering others to achieve better physical and mental health. Chelsea holds that weight loss is a major key to reaching these goals. Chelsea brings an energy to the practice in addition to a unique skill set which compliments the other providers’ knowledge of medications and exercise physiology.
Many patients have requested meal planning, guidance in food preparation, review of My Fitness Pal data, help with food diaries and dietary advice on sweeteners. Chelsea can address these issues as well as give daily caloric needs, provide strategies for dealing with food allergies, suggest foods for fighting disease states and more. Consultations can be scheduled through the Mind Body App, online through the website or by contacting our office.